Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sweating in places that I didnt know exsisted.

  Anyone who has a decent concept of being healthy exercises. In some shape or form at least a few times a week. I already said that I had gone to the gym for a few months at least 3 or 4 days a week. So exercising now isn't foreign to me, and with a tredmil in my house it makes it easier...right?

    Not really. With kids and the fact that I am a lazy ass getting on the thing is like trying to Lady Gaga into a pair of jeans. It can be done but at some point you feel like it isnt worth the effort. But I have that image of me in the green dress plastered on the front of my brain and its really giving me motivation * i even practiced poses for when I'm wearing the dress* Well yesterday seemed especially hard to get any exercise in. I did 100 side steps before I started folding laundry and I folded it while balancing on my yoga ball. Neither will make my a size 6 but I have to do something. The weather made me want to curl up on the couch with the girls and do nothing. But I told myself that if I can just keep moving in some shape or form it's better then sitting my ass down on the couch in the groove Ive already made for myself. I finally decided that once Lance got home and was able to keep the girls away I was going to get on the tredmil. And I did.
  
    It sucked. I don't know which I hate more. Feeling parts of my body rub together that shoul never meet, or the voice in my head that tells me to get my ass off of there and eat a cookie. I truly am my own worse enemy. I discourage myself all the time. Right about the 10 minute mark I want to give up. I'm hot and sweaty and feel gross. But 9 times out of 10 I keep going. I made it 20 minutes then the girls were out of the bath and I had to get back to life. But 20 minutes is better then nothing. When I was done I felt good, disgusting and sweaty but good. I'm one day closer to my goal and all I can do is take it a day at a time. I am going to slip up and I am going to have days where I listen to the voice inside me and I sit on the couch. But they will be few and far between. I hope. 


I ate pretty well yesterday. probably about 2000 calories. which is 100 more then I am aiming for but lance brought home some really good chocolate covered pretzels. I had 3. Before I would've eaten the whole bag, and then craved more. I think I would have probably dreamed about them. Sad times for me.














i




 

2 comments:

  1. i hear ya holli!!! its a start...and everyone needs to start somewhere. NOONE just comes out of the womb physically fit and trim. SUre they may be skinny their whole life. But when i was 185 and i could run a mile in 9 minutes flat..i was in better shape than 95% of the ppl i knew. and that made me feel better than being skinny. (well temporarily) i could talk and run the mile. so that was amazing. took 2 months of hard work to get there. and i felt good.

    i think its funny when i hear my friends say. "my butt and legs will always be big" or "i'm happy with the way i look" but they dont understand how completely out of shape and unhealthy they are. my favorite saying from friends is "we eat a good home cooked meal every night. my family is very healthy" HA!!! look it up sista! your meal is just as bad as eating a big mac meal from mcdonalds. pork roast mashed taters, and gravy from the fat of the roast and add canned veggies....doesnt make you healthy lol!

    the hardest part is what the GUYS eat. they eat the most delicious fatty foods everr! seriously lance! you HAD to bring those preztels inside! geez... lol! beat him up!

    what time do you work out. maybe i can jump on the treadmill the same time and when we start getting tired we can text and tell each other the fat wont run itself off!!! hahaha. i get bored. so i stop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling Holli!! Yesterday while I was on the treadmill, Lily and Tyler kept coming in and asking it if was their turn yet....Travis tried to keep them away but by then I was so frustrated, I said "okay okay, your turn" and had all intentions of doing wall sits, planks and scissor kicks..which I did but with half the effort because I was so distracted! So I woke up this morning..telling myself...it's a new day!! Gonna try again!

    A body at rest tends to stay at rest, a body in motion tends to stay in motion!!

    We can do it!!

    ReplyDelete