Saturday, January 29, 2011

I'm there with ya.

Nothing irritates a fat person more then a skinny chick saying I'm right there with ya when its comes to diets and exercise. No... No you are not.
 
  Last night my best friend Jessica and  I had one of our.. we are going our in sweats and don't care who sees us nights. We did a little shopping *more  like idea shopping*, and got some dinner. We went to applebees because they have their new under 550 cal meals. They also have around 100 drinks. I recommend the mojito. It was delicious and guilt free!! We both drooled over the menu and the got out our phones to start looking up calories. We came to the conclusion that aside from the low cal menu it wasn't worth the calories. Not by a long shot. *75 cals in HALF a cheese stick, no thanks* We both ordered an extra side of steamed veggies and it was really filling! I was so proud of us! We can really be each others worst enemies and encourage the bad habits. While we were in the process of looking over the menu we mentioned something to our size 6 waitress about watching calories and she goes " oh yea right there with ya". SERIOUSLY? Sure maybe you are trying to get in better shape but you are not here with us. You are not going through a weight loss struggle that literally is life or death. You probably don't know what it is like to 5 minutes of a dance game and have everything in your body feel like its on fire. If you slip, no biggie, you'll just jog an extra mile tomorrow. Now I am not saying that skinnier people don't have their own weight loss / health struggles. But coming from a waitress trying to earn a tip I know it's just BS. Makes me realize what a long way I really have to go. But exercising then making a healthy dinner choice is just the things I need to do daily to reach my goals! One day at a time... that's all I can do!

2 comments:

  1. HA!:) I was told last week by a co-worker that I am considered "skinny-fat". WTF is that anyway? I am going to google that one for sure.

    ReplyDelete