Monday, January 3, 2011

The hardest part.

 I know right now is the hardest part of it all. Eventually it will get easier to exercise and easier to eat better but right now its a struggle.
   However, I'm doing it!! I am starting to figure out little tricks that are going to help me. I made some bannana yogurt muffins for the girls on saturday night. I used spelnda instead of sugar and made them mini muffins in stead of giant muffins. Makes my calorie count about 1/3 of that of the normal muffin,which has  220 calories. I also stratgically placed them in front of the tower of cupcakes I made on NYE. It's a reminder to me of what my days are about. A reminder that I need make healthier options. 
    We went to Port Angeles yesterday. Eating healthy at my dads house is like eating only 1 plate at a buffett.. impossible. No fault to my dad but fresh fruits and veggies are really his thing. But I got smart and packed a few 100 calorie packs with me and made sure I had a good breakfast before I left. My step mom made shrimp fettucini for dinner. I measured out 1 cup and that was that. No more. Even though it smelled amazing I knew that without working out yesterday my calorie count was the only thing keeping me on track.  And even more so then that, I thought about all the people who have given me so much support in these past few days. I cannot let you guys down!
    I did find a little more motivation though. There is this shop in downtown Pa  that is incredible. Its got all this amazing looking vintage dresses and shoes. If I was tiny enough I would totally rock the pinup girl look. They had this amazing emerald green dress. It was the most simple, sexiest dress I have ever seen. And its what I am going to wear next new year eve. Ive got the date, the dress and the attitude. Now I just need the results.
    Im going to finish my cup of coffee *12 oz, 1 tbsp of powdered creamer, 2 tbsp sugar free hot cocoa mix = 90 calories* and eat my whole grain waffle with 1/5 cup of sugar free syrup. *=200 calories* then getting my ass on the tredmil thats staring me down in the corner of my living room.  30 minutes this morning and 30 minutes later this afternoon. Going to try and build up to 3 hours a day. No pain No gain right?
    Hope everyone has a great monday! Here I go!
       

6 comments:

  1. I finally starteed today - So I am coming over at lunch time with my bag o greens, light tuna, and cucumber! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's something that you might be interested in, I started substituting green tea for my coffee. I can drink more of it, still get my caffeine fix and it's actually good for me! My favorite is Bigelow's Constant Comment Green...I don't even have to add sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You inspire me, Holli. In so many ways.

    I think that once we renew our "Book Club" we should start taking walks together! Maybe explore some of the parks around Kitsap County? And have healthy, good-for-you dinners. I keep thinking about starting to walk/maybe-run, but going alone isn't nearly as appealing as going with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would love to do that! i have such a hard time finding places around here to go walking. i always draw a blank!! i think a healthy club is an awesome idea! let me know when you free and we can get together and start soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i also think im gonna do the green tea thing!!! where do you get the bigelows at?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just get it at the grocery actually. I got it in Charlotte and up here so I'm thinking it's at least an east coast thing (which doesn't help you haha). Check online, you can probably order it!

    ReplyDelete