Sunday, December 9, 2012

a dance mom

For the past 3 years I have had the honor of carrying the title of a dance mom. I've taken my daughters to classes, tied countless ballet shoes and tap strings. I have glittered shoes and made signs, mastered the art of putting mascara on a child. When I started taking Cailyn at 18months, all I wanted was something for her to do, she loved to dance ever since she could walk. Never in a million years did I think it would turn into such a big part of our lives, in such a short time.

First off I want to give a big shout out to Tanya, the owner of the studio for providing a place for kids to feel special. This studio has done so much for my daughters an it wouldn't be at all possible without her. I really have made some amazing friends there and they are like a family to me.*I also now have my real family there which is amazing!* They understand what I mean when I hand them a bobby pin, or ask them to put a leo on my child who is being rushed from school. I walk in the studio 3 times a week knowing that I am surrounded by mothers (and some fathers) who are living life the way I am, to give their children every chance they can to do something they love. I am slowly learning names of parents and dancers, and who belongs to who. It is a crazy world some days but honestly I love it.

This weekend I was so proud to watch my oldest baby dance her little heart out in the nutcracker. This moment is one she talked about all last year and I was so excited that she made it. What I was even more pleased with was the time that people take with my kids. Katie has been extraordinarily patient with my child and has taught her to come alive on stage. It was really something amazing to see. Not only was it the ones that took the time with Cailyn but it's the love for both my children. Ashlin also dances and is at the studio all the time with us for Cailyn's classes\. She barely ever has to walk or be entertained because there is always someone there scooping her up to play with her. Now from a mom stand point I love this because it gives me a chance to breathe. But it also gives my children some amazing people to look up to. The girls (and a few pretty awesome boys!) that surround my children leave their hearts on that dance floor every time they go out there and are amazing people outside the walls of the studio. They are kind, respectful and so patient. My girls have had some pretty young teachers and it makes me so happy when I see them take the time to teach them something new. My girls love them all so much, old and new, and I am so happy I made the choice to become a dance mom. I can't imagine us doing this anywhere else.

So to all of those at Just 4 Kicks, thank you for letting us into your world and giving my girls a chance to do something they love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment