Monday, March 7, 2011

my release.

I think blogging at night will be almost therapeutic for me, so I am really trying to get myself in the habit of doing this before bed!

 So I am at the end of day 3. I am eating REALLY well and I feel so much better. I forgot how great I feel when I eat healthy! Today I also had my "coach" help me with a little workout. My oldest decided that she was going to help me reach my goal of being a "skinny mommy" by having me run laps around the house and do some push ups and sit ups!! I love my little personal trainer!

On another note did you guys here that the guy who is the spokesperson for the heart attack grill died. He was 29. He died of complications brought on by the flu I guess. Now I know you are asking how this pertains to my blog but it does. Had he been a healthy weight and lived a healthy lifestyle he may have survived. Being obese does way more damage then whats seen on the outside. Not only does it do damage to your bones but it keeps you from being able to fight off diseases. Even if I didn't want to lose a pound this would make me want to make sure my self and my family eat a healthy balanced diet. Isn't it worth it to give yourself a fighting chance??

 Something else on my mind today is my love of the Hungry Girl. I have the 200 under 200 cook book and made my first batch of chocolate chip softies. They are this amazingly delicious mix of a cookie and a muffin. Only 88 calories per decent sized cookie!! I know some of you are panting for the recipe so here it is!!

3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cp splenda *granulated*
6 tbsp no sugar added applesauce
1/4 cp canned pure pumpkin
1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
2 1/2 tbsp mini semi sweet choc chips
2 tbsp brown sugar *not packed*
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt

mix all dry ingredients and except choc chips in a large mixing bowl.
in medium mixing bowl mix wet ingredients.
add wet to dry and fold in choc chips.

spray cookie sheet with non stick spray and place 8 even spoon fulls on sheet and bake for about 10 mins on 375!!

i hope i don't get in trouble for sharing the recipe on here but the hungry girl is amazing and if you haven't bought the book you totally should!!! its worth it and there is some really yummy things in there *cap n crunch shake anyone???* I wont be posting the recipes for everything I make but I will give reviews on the stuff i make!!!

well time for my sleepytime tea!

2 comments:

  1. i saw that cook book at safeway the other day and it looked cool! i think i will pick it up so when i am done with this diet i can have it ready for me!! glad to hear great reviews, i was contiplating buying it but didn't know if it had recipes that were quick and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holli I am SO proud of you....I may not be there to hang out, emotionally support, or physically give you hugs.....but know everyday I think about you and I am cheering you on! You are also helping me to remember how important it is to stay healthy....it hard...don't forget that "wagon" may break at times but there is always a mechanic that can fix it...YOU! Get the duck tape and keep on rolling! Love ya girly!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete