Wednesday, March 9, 2011

i need some vitamin d!

Today's weather made me so tired. I had a ton of things to do today, and despite the downpour I got it all done! The rain did however decide to stop when I got home. That's my luck though!  Today was my first jam packed day on my own * minus my sister who watched Ashlin during speech therapy!!* and I rocked it! Girls were amazing and did so well! I might get the hang of this just in time for lance to get back :P

 Tomorrow will be my first gym day in WEEKS! Going to get in the habit of going while Cailyn is at school and after Ashlin is done on Friday. 3 days in week in gym and one day a week of walking to speech therapy and back. But that will happen when the sun decided to start making a less the sporadic appearance. I also would like to start walking to dance and back but considering the hill I know I need to lose more weight so I don't die half way up it lol.

 I've been seeing all over what people are giving up for lent. Although I am not Catholic I am going to challenge myself. No red meat  and no candy. Keep in mind chocolate is not candy. I am talking things that are nothing but sugar and food coloring. Ick stuff anyway but in me giving it up I am going to not buy it for my girls. The red meat thing may last longer then the 40 days though. Kind of sick of it honestly.  I can make just as many good dishes with ground turkey! Just like my mozzarella meatballs and the turkey chili that i am making tomorrow! I hope I can stick with it. I feel so good right now that I hope this carries the whole time he is gone. I REALLY want to surprise him with my weight loss! 

On a non fat related note I need tips for my yard. Any good ideas for flowers that can survive my black thumb? I also plan on planting a garden so any help is great. Considering I am awful at this stuff though I am considering holding a " help me beautify my yard and my spirit" party. I feel better inside when my outside living space is beautiful. Would anyone be willing to come over and spend the day helping lol. I will provide food and drinks and a good time i promise!!

Something else that I am super excited about today is next weeks produce box from fullcirclefarm.com .. I love EVERYTHING in it. Money well spent. If you are interested visit the site. It is an amazing program if you live in this area and love fruits and veggies!

I hope everybody is having a great week! Happy Hump day!!!

4 comments:

  1. You rock!! On red meat... I very, very, VERY rarely make anything with red meat. In fact, I rarely eat meat at all. Once upon a time I used to have high cholesterol and I had to take meds for it. A lot of it is in my genes unfortunately. But I'm not on meds anymore... I give credit to the fact that I eat limited amounts of red meat and I eat lots of oatmeal (with lots of cinnamon, craisins, and NO sweetener--YUM!). It's weird... lately I just don't find meat too appetizing and my eye goes to the vegetarian dishes in cookbooks, etc.

    Anywho, basically I know you can do anything and rock it. I can't claim to have a green thumb... but I'd love to come and pretend that I do! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in! Can't claim to have a green thumb, but I sure try! I also have some extra bumbs I dug up from my yard if you're interested. Can't make any guarantees of what Flower they are or what color, but I can share some if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks sara(h)s!!!! I am gonna figure out a weekend in april i think. And sara Id love some! I have no idea how to plant or do anything of that nature. Usually lance will get out and trim things and cut the grass and lay down some bark and ill just pop some already bloomed flowers in a pot and call it good for awhile lol. They next semi sunny day though I am going to get out and start weeding everything and removing all the limbs from everywhere lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the great work Holli! I'm starting to be more conscious of my eating and so far it's beginning to slowly pay off. :)

    I wanted to post about plants. My extended family are great gardeners, they all have spectacular yards. Ever since we got married I have tried to emulate their talent but to much disappointment. My green thumb was a "blue thumb," blue because it made me so sad to see that I killed yet another beautiful, living flower. However, last year I began getting "Better Homes & Gardens" magazine. It's amazing all the different seasons, rules, climates, placement, watering, etc that plants need. Last summer was my first successful attempt at a flower garden! And now I'm extra anxious to start on our new home. A few of the plants that I started with were Sedums (my mom calls them "can't kill 'ems"), Impatiens, and Salvia plants. When I planted them I put in a flower food. Other than that they were low maintence, just needed watering often but not too often. And mulch around the plants work great because they help to keep moisture in around the plant. Also, keep in mind the difference of perennials (a one time planting; dies off in winter and reappears in spring) and annuals (have to plant every year). :)

    ReplyDelete