Wednesday, February 2, 2011

move theater challenge

 Today I am taking the girls to watch the movie Tangeled. I am REALLY excited but worried about controlling my urges to eat the over sized and calorie filled goodies they carry. Lance gave the girls each some cash to buy some treats. I have set up a game plan for myself and I REALLY hope I don't give in. I am going to pack myself some snacks to munch on. Some pop chips, a 100 calorie pack of something chocolate and a crystal light water packet vs a soda. I am so used to eating a bunch of popcorn and some chocolate covered raisins and sharing a huge soda with lance that this is going to be a challenge. I need to learn to re think things when I am away from the house. I am also going to sit down tomorrow and redo my super bowl food list. I will have some junk for everyone else but for me I am going to make sure I have an equally good alternative! and LOTS of fresh veggies :)


oh and i took some before photos yesterday. I am still figuring out the whole post with those but as a warning they are the most unflattering photos EVER!!

3 comments:

  1. Pop 2 bags of the buttery 100 cal popcorn, put it in a ziploc, and you can still have your popcorn! Chances are, you won't eat all of it anyways, but then you get yummy popcorn without the cals of the real stuff! I've done this couple times and it is just a satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jess's idea!

    You should check out Kalyn's Kitchen blog for Super Bowl ideas... she posts recipes that follow the different phases of the South Beach Diet. I love it because it gives me great ideas for meals that are lower on the glycemic index scale and are really yummy. I've made her Grilled Portobello Mushrooms Stuffed with Sausage, Spinach, and Cheese a few times and I just made her Mexican Red Lentil Stew with Lime and Cilantro on Monday--SO GOOD!

    And remember... veggies don't have to be boring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New movie approach:

    Light Lemonade or Coke Zero. I used to always get a huge Cherry Coke, but Light Lemonade is only 5 calories per 8 ounces and Coke Zero is 0 calories. I think both of those taste pretty good.

    ReplyDelete