Friday, February 18, 2011

disturbed.

So  I am all doped up on nyquil so this will be a really quick so I don't fall asleep on the key board. Anyways, I was watching the news last night and learned that the FDA recently lowered the requirements for lap band surgery. A woman who is know 5'4" *my height* can now weigh 175 to qualify as long as she has a medical condition like diabetes or heart disease. That's my goal weight. MY GOAL WEIGHT WOULD QUALIFY ME. wow. i know how healthy I felt and how great I looked at 180 that this really upsets me. Blah. More on this later. I am going to bed, hopefully I dont have another hippo dream. Maybe I'll dream Im a gazelle tonight. Thatd be awesome.

4 comments:

  1. what they are saying that 185 for 5'4" is okay for a lap band surgery. thats insane. now i feel really over weight cause i'm sure the weight is less for my height of 5'1" i'm down to 186. i dont think i'd even consider the lap band at my size..although i'm still fat i can still run and move. thats crazy! i dont see why someone at 185 couldnt take their health into their own hands and just work hard and lose the weight. i think it should be used for the last resort type thing. i wouldnt even think that you would need it now. i think you're doing great!!! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 180 is still obese, and I think thats why it qualifies for the surgery, with the other factors. I read your blog all the time- keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea the article was a little more in depth about the bmi and things like that. i think ultimately getting to 180 would be leaps and bounds beyond where i am now. i think after that getting down to about 150 would be ideal. im cutting out all white flour and sugar when lance leaves and hoping that if i do that for the 9 months then i can just eliminate a lot of it from my diet in general. ive been pretty lucky so far health wise. considering my size i don't have any sort of ongoing health issue like diabetes or heart disease. I do know that they are a possibility if I don't do something now though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds tough, cutting out flour and sugar! I don't think I could stick with that. I eat whole wheat/grain bread, but whole wheat pasta isn't my fave. Did you get a chance to check out that book I mentioned? I can't say enough about how helpful it was!!

    ReplyDelete