Wednesday, February 16, 2011

birthday extravaganza!

Well more like celebrations but I had to get your attention! Obviously it was my birthday on Monday. Of course my birthday falls on the one day a year when it is totally acceptable to eat an entire box of chocolates because you are either a)in love and just enjoying a delicious gift or b) you are totally alone and wallowing in self pity. Thanks to my family I didn't have to. My box of chocolates were tiny. My ice cream cake from DQ was not. But hey it was my birthday ;)

   Along with my sweet treats,I had an amazing early birthday dinner at this place in Seattle that serves meat on swords. And it is all you can eat. Lance and I, along with my bff jess and her hubby went and gorged on amazing meats. I was wearing leggings and wished there was a way to unbutton leggings. It was so good and if I was gonna blow my diet I am glad it was on that. YUM!

  On Monday we lost power due to the awesome weather we had. We had dinner and cake at my moms and then decided to head towards Great Wolf Lodge and stay at a local hotel for the night. I packed in a hurry.. in the dark and prayed to God my power would come on soon so all my delicious and fresh veggies from my full circle farm box wouldn't go bad! *if you live in my area check them out at fullcirclefarm.com AMAZING! * We ended up staying in centrailia and getting up early and do a little shopping at the outlet malls. I love outlet malls btw!! Bargain shoppers dream come true! We had lunch with a friend then headed to the lodge!

    We went swimming and had such a good time. My girls are little fish and I love it. Not to mention a good workout for me in the wave pool! I seriously did squats while the waves were coming to make it more of a workout! I was tired by the end of the day and it didn't help that I was getting the stupid cold that's going around. Only difference is that it raged through my body giving me body aches and chills and eventually a fever. My night was spent being uncomfortable and having strange dreams. I had this dream that myself and the girls had died and came back as a momma hippo and her babies *even in reincarnation I can't catch a damn break* and the only way for us to move on was for lance to pour his heart out to me in hippo form. My best friend Jessica had to convince him that it was me because for some reason only she could understand me. It was weird. I woke up feeling a lot better though and we had some great breakfast and swam for a bit longer then headed home. It was a great trip and the girls had so much fun. I stopped a few times and really thought about the life ahead of me this year and it made me a little sad. Thank the lord its a million degrees in there and everyone is wet so that one no one could see me get all teary eyed.

  On a GREAT note, I got this awesome cook book from my mom. The hungry girls 200 under 200. A ton of recipes all under 200 calories. I am so excited to make everything in the book this year lol. That's my goal. Maybe not something every day but at least finish the cook book by the end of the year. I will totally post reviews and recipes I love on here so don't worry!! I also started the full circle farm produce box program and am so excited to keep up with that! I also got a new mixer at the outlet mall and am excited to start making my own breads and healthy snack options. I also own the deceptively delicious cook book and plan on making a lot of that too. Yummy food full of veggies is right up my alley!

   Kind of a long and boring post but thanks for checking it out!! I promise the next one will be way more interesting. I hope lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment