Tuesday, February 8, 2011

2 more working days.

  That's my husbands last facebook status. 2 more working days. The reality of what is about to happen in the next few weeks is hitting me like a ton of bricks. I kept saying that.. oh my birthday is so far away. now its less then a week away. After that it is a hop skip and a jump til I am in this boat alone. Well physically anyway. I know he will be the best father and husband as he can be considering but still.

  The anxiety of it all is really taking its toll on me. I just hope I can sit back and enjoy his time off before he goes. I feel like there is a million things I need and want to do before he leaves and I don't have any time. The thought of it all stresses me out.. and to say Im a stress eater is an understatement.  I am trying so hard to not be. And I do know that once he leaves I am going to be more focused and determined but I still feel like I am grasping at straws with my food choices and physical activity.

  On top of that, our septic pumped backed up last night at about 7. Thankfully we rent so the cost isnt up to us but I had to gather stuff up and stay a hotel last night. The girls needed a working bathroom and Ashlin had to have a bath. Luckily it is fixed for now.  To go along with that I got some news about a friend that blew me away. Still haven't really wrapped my entire mind around it.

  But I do feel like in the face of all of this I need to gain the strength to pick myself up and do the things that need to get done. I need to make sure to enjoy the time with my husband before he leaves, I need to accept the fact that I have to be more aware of my water usage until its all able to be fixed and I need to prayer and send as much love and help to my friend right now and not focus on the things in life that don't really matter.  I need to make smart HEALTHY choices and get my butt in gear. It's not called the whale sitting her couch. Its a whale of a run for a reason! Focus. Focus. Focus.

 When you get a chance.. give someone a hug and tell them you love them. Just because you can.

4 comments:

  1. Holli. I admire you. I love you. I am honored to call you "friend". Many, many hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto sarah..ditto. I also miss you a ton.we need to see each other soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. as a fellow stress eater, I totally feel ya. It was really hard for me the first month or two of Kent being deployed... not to mention before that with moving and adjusting to being a mother of 2... I find as long as I don't let myself buy the food I know I'll devour in an a stress eating binge its easier to not stress eat. Binging on veggies just isn't as fun. lol.
    Enjoy the time you have with your man, and don't forget you have a lot of supporters here to help keep you motivated! <3 U!

    ReplyDelete