Saturday, May 7, 2011

my life flashed before my eyes.

Ok not ACTUALLY but kind of.

Backstory.. my mom watched the girls today for me so I could see a movie with my bestest friend ever, jessica. Now like me jessica loves sweat pants and buffetts...so of course she has a similar body shape as me. We will refer to us as "pillowy".  Well today while heading toward the theater we caught a glimpse of something thats frightened us. Here come these two ladies walking towards.. obviously bffs such as ourselves, one in her fabulous velour sweats and matching athletic top and rocking an awesome ponytail, and the other, in jeans and a cute top with some sort of cardigan or jacket over it. She had her cut short but it was dyed in some reddish tones.. both women were "pillowy" also. We both look at each other knowing what the other is thinking "thats us". I was clearly the one in the velour sweats and jessica was the more stylish one.

This scared the shit out of me.
 I dont want either of us to be like that 15 years from now. I dont even want us to be that way 15 months from now. We are both going about this our own ways and I am happy to report she has lost 12lbs this week,. me not so much but I am getting there. Seeing what the future looks like is freaky but i think it gave us a reason to stick with it all this time. Here is to a great week next week and lots of lbs shed and gone!!!

2 comments:

  1. Holli, you need to write a book! At least you are stylish and pillowy I was a frump pillow! How did ur friend lose 12 lbs in a week? That's great! How is no carb coming?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes... What is Jessica's secret to losing so much so fast? Details!!! :)

    ReplyDelete