Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Finding me mo...haha get it?

So I have discovered my love of the gym again. Ive been going alot and along with cutting my calories by 500 i am now down to 267! I have stopped eating past 8pm and I swear to all that is Holy that its the hardest thing EVER! I am such a late night snacker that using my will power makes me exhausted. I've slept better these past few nights, which really surprised me.

 Blame it on being well rested but I have felt so pretty the past few times I have ventured in public. Last week the girls and I went to a family fun night and i got so many compliments on my hair and makeup and today i had an older lady at the commissary tell me that purple is definitely my color. I guess I am realizing that when I feel good I look good! For the first time in 4 years I don't feel like a fat frumpy mom!! Ok maybe i still feel fat,..but that's besides the point!

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of some nicer weather. I really want to start walking more. By the time lance gets home I want to comfortably and honestly say " hey i am going for a run"
I have an honest question for all of you out there and regardless your answer it wont offend me or make me upset.
When you see a gal, my size, outside walking or jogging what is your first opinion?
 
I always get nervous someone will throw something at me or tell me to move my fat ass out of the way. I think I revert back to gym in middle school or something. I know I always think positively when I see it but that's because i know how hard it is to get out there and do it. The struggle of finding the shirt that isn't so baggy you look bigger but not so tight that you look like a stuffed sausage. The struggle of bending over to tie the shoes that don't provide enough support anyway. How painful those first few steps are on your back, knees, hips and hell every other part of your body. How gross it feels when all your fat is moving. BLAH. How hard it is to breathe once you hit the top of the hill.... or the end of the block. But I also know how amazing it feels when you are done. Who cares that you will be so sore in the morning you will crawl to the shower.

Tomorrow is another day, I will struggle to tie my shoes *which provide great support* I will choose the most flattering workout outfit I have and I will struggle to make it through my 40 mins of cardio and 20 mins of weights and stuff. And when I am done I will feel like I can do anything.

2 comments:

  1. I admire ANYONE who is out there running (or biking, or whatever)... regardless of shape and size. I mentally cheer them on... as I drive by in my car, wondering why I can't convince myself to get out there and do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ditto missarahlou, pretty much exactly!

    I always think "good for them!" no matter what size. ok... if it is someone clearly in GREAT physical shape there is a little bit of "QUIT SHOWING OFF!!!" running through my head :) But otherwise I do the mental cheerleading thing too!

    My fave are the old people who walk hand in hand. CUTE! Or the lady on my street who I have seen walking regularly for YEARS!

    At any rate, you're trying to better yourself. There should be no shame there :D

    ReplyDelete