Thursday, January 26, 2012

why it pays to do it, even if you dont want to.

5 lbs gone since the 12th of Jan. I earned every single effing lb of that. I've worked hard to stop snacking when I am not hungry, I busted my ass at the gym. I turned every movable moment into a chance to burn some calories. Those 5lbs are my medal at the end of the race, my trophy for a job well done. My motivation to keep going.
    I have a cough today. One of those awful raspy, gonna lose my voice soon coughs. But I went to the gym, I climbed my big butt on to the elliptical and I got the job done. 2 miles in 30 mins. Not my best time. I CAN do better. But I did it. Then I rowed for 5 mins. And killed myself with some ab and leg work. I didn't stop. I didn't half ass it, I gave it my all, despite sounding like I was gasping for air every 5 minutes. I got sweaty, I got hot. I got what I went there for. I didn't want to go, but I did. And when I stepped on the scale I realized why I was there. It wasn't to impress anyone, or to kill time. It was all for me, and that moment, the pride I can take in myself this week knowing that I am 5lb closer to a happier me.

Even if you don't want to, do it anyway. It will payoff in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment